Full Range of Motion
One of the hallmarks of CrossFit is executing a movement (Deadlift, Kettlebell Swing, Pull Up) in a FULL RANGE OF MOTION.
What's that mean?
Simply this: Completing a physical movement to its full extent.
For the Deadlift:
- Pulling the barbell from the floor
- standing fully straight
- bringing the hips forward
- finishing with shoulders back and behind the barbell
Questions for you:
- Are you always executing with a "full range of motion"?
- When you start a task, do you see it to completion?
- Is your effort consistent with everything you do?
Lessons learned on the gym floor translate well to the other parts of our life.
So ask yourself, am I executing with a FULL RANGE OF MOTION?